PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Lufthansa becomes Official Airline of the ESC in Düsseldorf

marvin
17.01.2011, 18:22
The European Broadcasting Union (EBU) announced Lufthansa as Official Airline of the Eurovision Song Contest 2011:

http://www.eurovision.tv/page/news?id=23553&_t=Lufthansa%3A+Official+Airline+of+Euro vision+2011

As Official Airline, Lufthansa offers special discount fairs on flights to Düsseldorf for delegates, media and fans. Bookings can be made through the Lufthansa event portal (http://www.lufthansa.com/event-booking_en) using the booking code DETQM. You will find your special rate there, so book right away!

Here is the URL of the Lufthansa event portal:
http://www.lufthansa.com/online/portal/lh/de/info_and_services/partner?nodeid=1771763&l=en&cid=18002

Pooya
17.01.2011, 19:09
Warmest greetings from Mashhad , 2nd biggest city of IRAN , to my lovely German friends all around the GERMANY from historic Berlin in east till nice Aachen in west , from lovely Hamburg in north , till dear Munchen in south :hi:;) And Of course a special greeting to my non German fans all around the world :hi: I have one question : Why Düsseldorf will host ESC :hmm::hmm: ???? I think that wont be good & comfortable to reach for foreigners ............ Aren't Berlin as capital or Hannover as DEAR LENA home town better cities ? Can Düsseldorf manage ESC :hmm:???

With best wishes , IRANIAN Pooya:hi:

Pooya
17.01.2011, 19:10
Hi dear Marvin :hi:

Thank you very much for your useful information :hi::hi:

Grombold
17.01.2011, 19:41
Can Düsseldorf manage ESC ???Well, let me say, they can. And that very easily.

To host the ESC is very expensive. Düsseldorf is one of the richest (if not the richest) city in germany.
The Airport at Düsseldorf is very large and is well known to all, who are familiar with flying around the world.
The city Düsseldorf itself is not that large. But nearby, with a travel-time less than one hour, live more people than in new york.
But the point in the end was, that Düsseldorf offers the best location for this event, the esprit-arena.

snowflake
17.01.2011, 22:58
And in this esprit-arena more than 30.000 people can watch the show. It will be a very big party. :thumbsup:

Pooya
18.01.2011, 10:27
What ? Esprit arena ????:hmm::hmm::hmm: Isnt it a soccer stadium like Alians arena in Munchen ( That hosts F.C Bayern matches ? )

Pooya
18.01.2011, 10:33
Hi my dear friends :hi:

Is " lufthansa " national airline of Germany like " IRAN Air " in our country ?

Queeny
18.01.2011, 10:40
What ? Esprit arena ????:hmm::hmm::hmm: Isnt it a soccer stadium like Alians arena in Munchen ( That hosts F.C Bayern matches ? )

Esprit arena is a multipurpose arena like Telenor Arena in Oslo.

Pooya
18.01.2011, 10:46
Dear Snow flake & dear Gombold ,

Hi & Thank you :hi: But Yet I think " Berlin" was a beeter choice even for reach of foreigners But all of us hope that they handle it correctly;):thumbsup:

Pooya
18.01.2011, 10:57
Hi dear Queeny:hi:

Danke ! :-* Now I understand :thumbsup: But one question : Whats the meaning of " Arena " ? And why You Germans end most of your stadiums with that ?:hmm: Like Alians arena , Mercedes Benz arena , Esprit arena , TUI arena , ...... ?

cyberscout
18.01.2011, 11:31
Hey dear Pooya,

Is " lufthansa " national airline of Germany like " IRAN Air " in our country ?

Lufthansa was state-owned until the 60s and had fully been privatized in the 90s, so we don't really have a national airline, but Lufthansa is still the biggest and most popular one.

Whats the meaning of " Arena " ?

"Arena" comes from the Latin language and means sth like "battlefield" - today's meaning only includes sport events and contests of course ;)

Ben
18.01.2011, 12:07
Lufthansa was state-owned until the 60s and had fully been privatized in the 90s, so we don't really have a national airline, but Lufthansa is still the biggest and most popular one.

...And the most expensive one :D

Hey Pooya, multipurpose stadiums are called <insert sponsor name here> Arena, and are designed to host a multitude of different kind of events (Soccer; Music; Sports in general; Entertainment events etc...). Places where we just play soccer are still just called, plain and simple, stadium :D

Pooya
18.01.2011, 12:38
Dear Cybrescut & dear Ben :hi:

Now I understand , Thank you very much :-*:-*;)

All The best , Pooya