PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Lenas new song - What a man

SLF
18.08.2011, 22:37
Today 18th august it was the release - day of the musicvideo "What a man"! :thumbsup: You can whatch this video here : http://www.lena-meyer-landrut.de/?content=videos&vid=video_100&fbe=1#videos

What do you think about this song? I think it is a good song, but it is definitely not the best song! I definitely think "Who'd Want to find Love" is much better! So I'm a little disappointed :hmm:

But Lena is a god, as usual ...:P

LilyHydrangea
18.08.2011, 22:49
Today 18th august it was the release - day of the musicvideo "What a man"! :thumbsup: You can whatch this video here : http://www.lena-meyer-landrut.de/?content=videos&vid=video_100&fbe=1#videos

What do you think about this song? I think it is a good song, but it is definitely not the best song! I definitely think "Who'd Want to find Love" is much better! So I'm a little disappointed :hmm:

But Lena is a god, as usual ...:P

Love" is much better! So I'm a little disappointed :hmm:

Actually, I also prefered WhoŽd want to find love but as it is one of the songs from a movie, What a Man will get perfect promotion and will therefore hopefully be another big success for Lena =) I also like how she takes an old song and makes it kinda like her own song. She is really good at doing this. I loved her for this when she performed in "Unser Star für Oslo", the German National Final 2010.

Xigemoa
18.08.2011, 23:05
I love both songs, "What a man" even a bit more because I like this kind of music. If Lena wouldn't have accepted the proposal of Matthias Schweighöfer to cover the song, we couldn't enjoy the funny, crazy video now. Apparently Lena had lots of fun doing the video and that's probably the most important thing.

Maybe "Who'd want to find love" is going to be released later. I'm happy with the decision. ;)

maybear
18.08.2011, 23:17
"Who'd Want To Find Love" is announced to be released on September 16., the only difference: not as single, but as part of the new Platin-Edition of the album "Good News"!

Melanie
19.08.2011, 00:57
I am curious about the NJOY Top 30 tomorrow evening. What a Man and Who'd want to find love are in direct competion in the listener's charts. So It will be interesting which song will be preferred as better song.

Grombold
19.08.2011, 08:29
I think Lena did an outstanding job on 'What a man'.
But i even think 'Who'd want to find love' is slightly better.

helo333
20.08.2011, 00:43
I really Love Lena and I really love this new song.:wub:

LilyHydrangea
20.08.2011, 01:08
I am curious about the NJOY Top 30 tomorrow evening. What a Man and Who'd want to find love are in direct competion in the listener's charts. So It will be interesting which song will be preferred as better song.

... and now we know it. Lena is #1 (WhoŽd want to find love) AND #2 in the NJOY Top 30. So obviously there are more people who chose WhoŽd want to find love over What a man :)

Tiny Tim
20.08.2011, 02:14
... and now we know it. Lena is #1 (WhoŽd want to find love) AND #2 in the NJOY Top 30. So obviously there are more people who chose WhoŽd want to find love over What a man :)

Perhaps they just have more time for power voting... I would have spent more time to vote for What a Man if I had had it.

[fliP]
21.08.2011, 01:42
I don't know how much this voting actually says about the relation between the two songs. Maybe it was very close. I mean, I tried to vote equally for both of them, but I might have "accidently" given more votes to Who'd want to find love. Or to What a Man. It would be very interesting to see how close it was between them.

Julius
21.08.2011, 12:43
;247248']I don't know how much this voting actually says about the relation between the two songs. Maybe it was very close. I mean, I tried to vote equally for both of them, but I might have "accidently" given more votes to Who'd want to find love. Or to What a Man. It would be very interesting to see how close it was between them.

Or else: We need a new song by Lena. Then it's three times at the top.

iheartlena
21.08.2011, 13:56
Well, I actually prefer WWTFL, but WAM, is also really great and I love the video. But the Single WAM will be a 2-Track-Single, so maybe the second track is WWTFL? That would be so great, I'd love it. But, I dont know, I just can hope ;)

Brummell
21.08.2011, 13:59
Well, I actually prefer WWTFL, but WAM, is also really great and I love the video. But the Single WAM will be a 2-Track-Single, so maybe the second track is WWTFL? That would be so great, I'd love it. But, I dont know, I just can hope ;)

No, have a look at the Amazon description. The second track will be Good News (live version)

L.u.k.a.s.
21.08.2011, 14:25
No, have a look at the Amazon description. The second track will be Good News (live version)

Also a very good choice! Good News is one of the best, or even the best live song. In this song, Lena's voice sounds like the voice of an nightingale :wub: Especially in the beginning of the song....

iheartlena
21.08.2011, 19:22
Oh, okay, I didn't see it, I'm sorry ;)
Too bad... But Good News is also really great, I'm so looking forward to hold this Single in my hands! <3

Pooya
22.08.2011, 00:28
Honestly I havent ever listen to these 2 new songs of Lena till now but I bet satellite is still best song of Lena ( At least in my opinion ) So I again say " ONLY SATELLITE " :P

Zampano
22.08.2011, 01:34
Honestly I havent ever listen to these 2 new songs of Lena till now but I bet satellite is still best song of Lena ( At least in my opinion ) So I again say " ONLY SATELLITE " :P

Funny, I think Satellite is actually one of her worst songs, I NEVER listen to it (at least not the studio version)...

I am quite sure I never listened to it on the album, it's on automatic skip... lol...

achim47
22.08.2011, 11:07
Funny, I think Satellite is actually one of her worst songs, I NEVER listen to it (at least not the studio version)...

I am quite sure I never listened to it on the album, it's on automatic skip... lol... Signed.

[fliP]
22.08.2011, 12:20

I am quite sure I never listened to it on the album, it's on automatic skip... lol...

For me, Satellite brings back the memories and emotions of Lena's victory in 2010. But if I want to listen to music because of the music itself, I also prefer all the newer songs.

pinotgrigio
22.08.2011, 14:23
Lena will probably perform it live at german TV-Show at 17.09.2011 @ pro7. See: http://www.facebook.com/MediaboloTVCasting

Brummell
22.08.2011, 14:32
Lena will perform it live at german TV-Show at 17.09.2011 @ pro7. See: http://www.facebook.com/MediaboloTVCasting

Are you sure ? According to the date it could be promotion for the platinum edition of Good News. So it seems possible that she is singing WWTFL.
Aiwor ?

gauloises
22.08.2011, 17:47
Are you sure ? According to the date it could be promotion for the platinum edition of Good News. So it seems possible that she is singing WWTFL.
Aiwor ?

Two weeks after the official release of "What A Man" already performing another song? I don't think so. (If there is a possibility for WWTFL, I think we have to wait till November ...)

[fliP]
22.08.2011, 17:50
Two weeks after the release of "What A Man" already performing another song? I don't think so. (If there is a possibility for WWTFL, I think we have to wait till November ...)

Right. What a Man is featured on the single as well as on the new album. Performing it is promotion for both of them.

pinotgrigio
22.08.2011, 18:30
Aiwor ?

I added "probably"...

Pooya
23.08.2011, 00:59

Why funny ? Whole of Europe loves this song and vote for that . I really really wonder why dont German fans know satellite as best Lenas song . :hmm: That wins ESC for you but how about TBAS ? Only 10th place

Zampano
23.08.2011, 01:31
Yes, Lena won Eurovision with Satellite... so, you see, even Lena's worst song is better than all the other Eurovision crap... ;)
But that alone doesn't make Satellite Lena's best song... at least not for me...

Is a song good just because a lot of people like it...?
So everybody should listen to Lady Gaga all day, because a lot of people like it...?
Should I now buy Justin Bieber albums...? :-!

How can you judge if you haven't even heard the newer songs...?
That's just ridiculous and ignorant...

Satellite was ok back then, but that's over a year ago, a lot has happened since...

snowflake
23.08.2011, 01:51
I still like Satellite and I'm still happy when I hear it in the radio, but I have other favorits, too. ("A Million And One" for example, I also like "What A Man" very much.)

@ Pooya: You really should listen to Lena's new songs and give them the chance to become your favorit songs, too.
For me, it would be very boring to listen to one Lena-song the whole time. I'm very happy that there are many Lena-songs I love. :)

helo333
24.08.2011, 00:51
I can understand why people love "Satellite" the most. I am honest.^^

pinotgrigio
24.08.2011, 15:14
Positive article regarding new single and lot's of positve reactions (so far): http://www.esctoday.com/news/read/17603

iheartlena
25.08.2011, 20:58
@Pooya: Only 10th place? What do you mean with that? TBAS is a really great song, and the 10th place is a real good place compared with the last years.

SLF
03.09.2011, 21:55
I have listened more to "What a man" now, and i actually like it more now. And the video is just sooo great! :)

But i still like "WhoŽd Wanna find love" more ! :thumbsup:

pinotgrigio
03.09.2011, 23:09
I have listened more to "What a man" now, and i actually like it more now.

What A Man "unplugged" live at german TV (2011-09-02) see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7OWREcSSro&feature=player_detailpage#t=664s

SLF
04.09.2011, 12:59
What A Man "unplugged" live at german TV (2011-09-02) see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7OWREcSSro&feature=player_detailpage#t=664s
I have already seen it, it is "old" :D I think the musikvideo is better .

Zampano
04.09.2011, 13:07
Regarding Lena, I would prefer a live performance over a music video any time...

LilyHydrangea
05.09.2011, 11:54
I have listened more to "What a man" now, and i actually like it more now. And the video is just sooo great! :)

But i still like "WhoŽd Wanna find love" more ! :thumbsup:

YouŽre not the only one =) But "What A Man" is just more special and "WhoŽd want to find love" is more a typical pop song you would hear on the radio. I am not saying it is a BAD pop song but What a man just has that special feeling :)

SLF
05.09.2011, 21:50
YouŽre not the only one =) But "What A Man" is just more special and "WhoŽd want to find love" is more a typical pop song you would hear on the radio. I am not saying it is a BAD pop song but What a man just has that special feeling :)

True true! But all songs singing by Lena is special songs !! :wub:

ichbineinfan
09.09.2011, 23:05
True true! But all songs singing by Lena is special songs !!

Yeah, I also think so! I love them all! :wub:
But I like What a man best, I don't think it is worse than Who'd want to find love!